Saturday, May 23, 2009

25 Years and Counting..



This is going up early because the next week is going to be so busy! The Dweeb and I are celebrating! It is our 25th Wedding Anniversary people! WOO HOO!! I have never stuck with anything so long in my life! He must be a pretty good guy, eh?

We are headed to the northwest. We have never been there, so we thought "what the heck, sounds good". Seattle is the destination. Hopefully we will make a day trip to Vancouver to visit my favorite Canuck, Sabrina! I met her a year ago in my photography classes. It was a virtual friendship until this past February when I was in Tampa for the workshop. We finally met in person. I still like her! haha. I'm very excited to get away for a few days with my honey and hopefully get to Canada to see Sabrina and see for myself why SO many photographers live there. I keep telling them they need to take a sabbatical in Kansas City to keep me company for awhile, bu they just laugh... out loud!

No more news regarding the wedding other than the engagement pictures have still NOT been taken due to time constraints when they are in town. Good thing we have a year to get this party in gear! They are busy with so many of their own friends getting married right now, it's difficult to work on their own. We shall attempt to plan more after things die down a bit.

The sistas and I have decided to get Bron, the Au Pair extraordinaire, and her cohorts together one evening soon. We shall bribe them with alcohol and food. Then we will force them to teach us girls who only know the '70s dance (the shifting back and forth from one foot to the other kind of thing. Really lame these days) some new moves. New moves within limits though for the wedding reception. I can see by baby girl horrified at her mom and aunts grinding on the dance floor. Just picturing it in my head is frightening actually. But, we need to get more 'hip'... more 'with it' in preparation for this PARTAY!

I am sad because Bron will not be making the wedding next June. She is very homesick, so will be heading back to South Africa next fall. She has become a member of the family and she is going to missed terribly. The kids will miss her most. The just LOVE her!! But, I can understand why she wants to go, she just has to accept to fact that we will all be giving her sh*t from now until she leaves about it!

If you want to see some of the cutie patooties I have been shooting, check out my other blog at Sue Ables Photography.

Seems I have been shooting more toddlers lately which is good! I've lost a few pounds CHASING them! They like to run. But they are so fun! Upcoming, I have several girls who will be Seniors. These girls will be featured on my website. I'm very excited about these girls because they are up for just about anything in the way of location and ideas. I'm sure they will have ideas of their own, which is fantastic! I love their input.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all and have fun!

1 comment:

Gully Girl said...

Congrats on your anniversary! :)